Worcester 9.24 - Screeching Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester 9.24 Combi boiler, I think this is probably quite an old boiler but has worked ok since I moved into the house 6 months ago BUT it has now started screeching everytime I turn the hot water tap on and there is hardly any water coming through the tap and what is coming through is very hot!! The heating all seems to be working fine, anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Cheers. :(

Sponsored Links
20+ year old boiler, about past its time now.
fault lies with the divertor.

Sponsored Links
Phew!! Thanks for letting me know!!

I will eventually get a new boiler, but not just now!

Roughly how much would you say would be acceptable to get this fixed??

clf-gas said:
Don't know, depends on engineers rates, guestimate £100ish :LOL:

Thanks clf-gas!!

I'll let you know how it goes! At least I have a head start and won't seem completely clueless and more to the point an easy target!!!!!!!! :LOL:

How can the diverter make a screeching noise and give a low DHW flow rate?

Maybe the pump as well??

Either way, I'll see what they say tomorrow.

It is a weird one though - the radiators are very hot too, despite the heat setting being set to half??

Just hope it isn't too bad...........

Would anyone advise against using the boiler until it is looked at?? Or is okay to leave the heating on, but just don't using the hot water?

clf-gas said:
fault lies with the divertor.

Isnt this now obsolete ? If its the old brown/white Worcester 9.24 then parts centre claim its an obsolete part.

There were about 3 different 9.24's. The Electronic one I just dumped was a 1992, and going fine. Standard diverter on that one, easy to get at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back