worcester 9.24 electronic combi boiler

M

mckinnon100

Hi,

I am looking for a circuit board part no 'zamaj 164' preferably second hand.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There were several different versions of that boiler model. Chris R once said 11 !

What I dont know is if they have different PCBs. Its only a very simple PCB. Why do you think it needs chaging?

Tony

No. mine is a zagas 096.

My central heating is working fine, but my hot water is running hot and cold. I am sure that this was the part that had to be replaced the last time.

This sounds like someone who has called out an engineer to give a free diagnosis and then being told its the pcb they have decided to replace it themselves instead of paying the engineer.

Anyone who does that is in my view ripping off the engineer. No sensible engineer would give a free diagnosis but in a recession some are desperate for work.

Tony

Tony, I paid an engineer £165 a couple of years ago to diagnose and fit this spare part. Now I have the same problem back again. What would you do my friend?

£165 sounds very reasonable when the PCB is probably about £95. I would have charged a bit more!

Well replace the PCB yourself if you really think thats the best thing for you to do!

In my view you should call a competent engineer.

Be aware your boiler is now quite old and several parts are no longer available.

Tony

Thats the same pcb used on the worcs 240.

Probably more like £55 which is just as well in your case.

Tony

hw running hot and cold can be caused by several different things other than pcbs.temp sensors and scaled/blocked heat-exchangers as well.

We all know that but the OP is convinced that changing the PCB will cure it.

Better to let him get on with it if he does not want to call an engineer to properly diagnose the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back