Worcester 9.24 Electronic shutting down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an ancient 9.24 that initially shut down when the shower was switched off, and could then be relit. 3 days later, it will not stay on for more than 5 minutes at a time when the CH is on.

The pressure rises very quickly from 1 bar when cold to 2 bar, then the boiler cuts out. I'm wondering if I simply need to recharge the pressure vessel, maybe?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Sort out the expansion vessel first. See FAQ.

I assume you mean the pilot light cuts out? Or do you mean something else?

Either the boiler is overheating or the thermocouple signal is being lost etc.

Tony

I've checked the expansion vessel - no water came out. It runs the CH for about 5 minutes, then shuts off, including the pilot.

When I relight it, the pilot stays lit for about 2 minutes before it clicks off. If I turn a hot tap on, it will run until I'm covered in soap and shampoo, then freeze me.

Typically, having looked through the posts, I've not had it serviced in 18 months, so I've nobody to blame but myself. I understand the 9.24 is quite simple, though? The size of the thing suggests it must be fairly easy to work on!

Thanks for your suggestions. I've got the number of a local guy, and I'll let you know how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back