WORCESTER 9.24 BOILER?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me please. 3 days ago our pilot light went out on our up to now excellent Worcester 9.24 Electronic boiler. I re lit the pilot and all was fine but noticed that it needed a bit more pressure. I added some water but even when the tap was off the pressure kept climbing. We then let out some water and the pressure went down but shot back up again. The pressure is now gradually creeping up and since then the boiler was gone out 4 more times.

Can anyone give us any advice on what this problem may be and how to try to sort it out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elvina

Sponsored Links
Elvina, these symptons may not be related.

Does the pressure climb when the boiler is on? or even when it isn't working? If the pressure climbs when not working your filling loop may be letting by slowly. If only when boiler lit it may be your expanssion vessel is no longer working or needs recharging. Can you give us more info please. The pilot going out may not be related to the pressure issue

Hi Powell 30

Elvina, these symptons may not be related. - The pressure only started rising after the first time that the boiler went out.

Does the pressure climb when the boiler is on? or even when it isn't working? - So far we have only had the boiler on and it climbs. I will try turning off the boiler, leaving it a while and report back. When we actually run the hot water the pressure drops a bit and then when we turn it back on it goes back up, dont know if this is significant.

When we first noticed it my husband was letting water out of the rad downstairs, at first the pressure went down while he was doing it then it started to rise.

Is there anything else that I can check please?

Thanks

Elvina

Sponsored Links
Carefully disconnect the filling loop into a bucket and see if water is still coming out of that. It sounds as if the valve is not closing fully.

The pilot light is another matter. If it keeps going out then it probably needs cleaning and checking together with a new thermocouple or the overheat stat is high resistance.

Everything to do with the pilot light needs a competent CORGI.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back