WORCESTER HEATSLAVE 9.24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the site and was wondering if anybody can help my boiler has developed a fault its the Worcester heat slave 9.24 old i know but its been very good any way when the central heating is put on the gas burners don't go off and on they just go full belt and the water in the radiators gets very hot and the pressure shots up and the pressure valve went off leaking water the hot water tap is ok and works as it should any ideas thanks ​

Sponsored Links
A temperature sensor may have failed.

You can measure the resistance.

But most other things would probably need a registered gas engineer.

Tony

HI TONY
Thanks for that i turned the temperature wheel right down on the boiler and it all works ok turns on and off as it should not right i know but at least we got some warmth from it the only thing the pressure gauge on top of the boiler goes right up had a bad experience with a gas fitter so would like to know as much as possible what the problem is before i call one to have a look

If this is the old 9.24 with the optional sealed system kit on top of the boiler this should be an easy fix.

On the red circular expansion vessel remove the black cover what looks like the air valve on a car tyre, press this in to see if water or air comes out.
If water the expansion will need replacing if nothing comes out it will need re pressurising.
So get back and let us know :)

Sponsored Links
If this is the old 9.24 with the optional sealed system kit on top of the boiler this should be an easy fix.

On the red circular expansion vessel remove the black cover what looks like the air valve on a car tyre, press this in to see if water or air comes out.
If water the expansion will need replacing if nothing comes out it will need re pressurising.
So get back and let us know :)

Thank you checked the expansion tank there was very little air in the tank no water came out of the valve so i put 20lb as it was inflating you could hear water being pushed out of the tank and out through the drainage valve its running very well and the pressure is now stable only thing the temperature switch has to be turned right down but the radiators seem to be as hot as ever think its faulty :D

20 psi is too high!

If running the system at 1.5 Bar cold then you only need 11 psi in the EXV.

Must be pressurised with the system at zero pressure.

Tony

20 psi is too high!

If running the system at 1.5 Bar cold then you only need 11 psi in the EXV.

Must be pressurised with the system at zero pressure.

Tony
Hi Tony
it is running at 1.5 what would happen if left to high

let some water out of the system till the gauge reads 0 , either through a radiator drain valve or drain point on boiler ,let some air out of the expansion vessel incase its been overpressurised by you before, attatch pump to expansion vessel & pump it up watching the boiler pressure gauge , if it rises let more water out till it stops goin up when you pump up the pressure in the exp vessel. When the boiler gauge stops moving then watch the air pump gauge , put 0.7 bar of air in .Refill water to 1 bar Job done

Thanks everybody for your advice and help the boiler is running nice and quiet now it has not been like that for a long time I have got a heating engineer
coming around next week to service the boiler but he has asked me if I have the serves manual can anybody help if they have a copy

He should be able to download one himself.

It sounds as if he is not very conversant with how the internet can help people!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back