worcester heatslave 9.24 no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a worcester heatslave 9.24 wall hung balanced flue model with program timer, prob about 20 years old.

I am getting no hot water when i turn on water taps, but can hear boiler trying to flame up but no flames (main burner), pilot light is on, central heating seems ok.

If i turn on central heating then i have running hot water through the tapes. about 10 years ago i replace a diverter valve with a new one. But cant seem to remember why it was changed, i have a bad memory.

Just wandering you gents may have some idea what causing the problem of no hot water. thanks :)

Sponsored Links
The normal cause would be a faulty diverter valve.

You have tried to suggest you can "hear the boiler trying to flame up">

Since I dont believe that you can hear what the boiler is trying to do as i certainly dont have that ability.

I therefore have to revert to the diverter valve failure.

Wiltshire has some very hard water!

Tony

There are two microswitches on the top of the diverter valve not sure what each one does but if one is making the boiler may go through some of the functions but not all because the other hasn't made. take head off depress both manually while running tap does it now work?

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for your info, i will try the microswitches monday eve after work, and will let you know how i got on. i suspect diverter valve packed up, bit of hassel to replace empty rads took me 4 hrs, plus 2 days off heating rads air locks etc, got 10 years out of the last diverter valve. thanks very much. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back