worcester 9.24 - PCB and APS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Tony and Paul.

Tony, your log in says you're in London and you're right, I do need a competent engineer to sort it out. The engineers British Gas have sent me under my Homecare agreement are all nice enough (if they turn up) but none of them seem to know anything about this model. The job's yours if you want it! Happy to pay the going rate.

I had a look for PCBs and found this one - do you think it's what I need? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boiler-PCB-Wo...emZ220047982743QQcategoryZ42234QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but is there any way of telling whether it's the PCB or APS (whatever that is)?

Thanks for all your help - really appreciated.

Phil

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
As you were advised before you will need a competent engineer to attend to diagnose the actual fault.

Strangely a few weeks ago I went to a 9.24 in Twickenham which was on a BG service contract and they could not manage to repair it. A new PCB was all it needed.

If you want to contact anyone privately you have to do so from the contact imformation in their profile. I think you find it in blue on an index listing and click on it.

London is a large city with difficult areas in the centre with a hazard called "CC". Most people in "London" are only able to cover limited sectors. Oddly perhaps, we can go 40 miles north to MK or west to Reading but only 4 miles south when we hit the dreaded CC. Its all about traveling time!

Tony

There are 3 or so worcs 9.24's. Exactly which one is it? "Electronic"? Does it have a fan?

Thanks lads.

Tony, I'll be in touch seperately (once I figure out how to find your email address!).

ChrisR, sorry to ask a stupid question, but how do I find out which model I have? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a fan if that helps.

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
9.24. im sure i have a working pcb for one of these i took off my uncles boiler when i swapped it..

ill have a root :D

Thanks for that Paul - very droll, but also very true as google was agile enough to put me in touch with Tony.

Dan you really are the man if you have a spare PCB for my boiler. Tony is hopefully going to come round later in the week to have a proper look at it so I'll be in touch if he says I need a PCB.

Cheers
Phil

If its the positive pressure version with the little fan standing up on the top then the failing fan can give some very odd faults...also totally obsolete as many of the 9.24 parts are getting.

Make sure you make Agile a cup of tea :!: :D :D :D :D

Ive heard he gets a bit snotty without one ;)

Stan

ollski said:
If its the positive pressure version with the little fan standing up on the top then the failing fan can give some very odd faults...also totally obsolete as many of the 9.24 parts are getting.

Yes but they're only made of mechano.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back