Worcester Boiler (24 cdi) Bleeding/filling problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

I'm attempting to bleed/refill/repressurise my boiler, as the pressure has dropped to about half a bar. The problem is this:

The filling knob (small grey/black knob) keeps slipping and hence not turning the little whiteaxel/shaft that its attached too and so I can't (it seems) let any water into the boiler. I thought maybe that the knob was was broken or not gripping correctly as it appeared to have a touch of rust in (theres a small metal band inside the plastic knob) so I got a new one, but its made no difference. So my concern is that somehow the filling 'thing'(valve? sorry for the lack of the correct terminology) is broken/seized up?

Just to check (i know it sounds stupid) looking at the knob from directly below do I turn it clockwise or anti clockwise?

Cheers for any help

Sponsored Links
The filling knobs do get tight and sometimes need a pair of pliers to get them going. look on the inside of the boiler case for instructions as to what way to turn, if your right handed then its your thumb going right to left as you turn it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back