PROBLEM INCREASING PRESSURE ON WORCESTER 24CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone help I am struggling to get the pressure increased on my worcester 24cdi. I have inserted the key but the gray knob wont turn anti clockwise - if I turn clockwise it sounds like a flush of water is going through then makes lots of noise but the pressure just isn't increasing.

The pressure is below 1 and the boiler is making lots of noise, the central heating is also very very noisey, any ideas?? :?:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pressure relief valve has activated. This is obviously a safety device and you should find out the reason why it has done so.

does that mean you think i need to get someone out to it?

Reading my old 26cdi xtra instructions it reads as follows, obviously this may not be the same procedure as yours;

'To fill the system, insert the bayonet end of the filling key into the corresponding cut outs in the filling loop housing and twist to lock the key in place. Turn the system filling knob anti-clockwise to allow water ingress and fill until the pressure gauge is at 2.5 bar. Turn the knob clockwise to stop filling and remove the filling key by lining up the bayonet end of the key with the cut-outs in the filling loop housing and withdrawing the key.
Check for soundness.
Release water from the system using the relief valve test knob, until the initial system design pressure is obtained, up to a maximum of 1.5 bar.
Key must always be removed.'

It says turn it anti-clockwise, you say that yours wont turn anti-clockwise!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Yep that is what mine says - will have to get someone out to look at it for me. Thanks for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back