Worcester 24CDI CH (Pilot light) Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 24CDI CH (pilot light) is turning it's self off after about 5 mins, then back on again. I have used the filler key and re-pressured it to about 1.5, but the same thing is still happening whats wrong with it... :cry: Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ah, so he's got form! Kev, either you've got a brilliant memory, or.... ;)

oooorrrrr

well howaay bonny lad :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

just read my "boys book of boilers "

the CDI aint got a pilot light

or somebody is fibbing :eek:

sw1000xg said:
My Worcester 24CDI CH (pilot light) is turning it's self off after about 5 mins, then back on again. I have used the filler key and re-pressured it to about 1.5, but the same thing is still happening whats wrong with it... :cry: Thanks
User error.

If the CDI aint got a pilot light how come there is one displayed on it. It goes out after evan after re-pressuring it upto 1.5, when it goes out the radiators start to go cold but when it comes back on the radiators heat up. What do you mean when you say "50% chance pump is not turning" will I need an engineer to come out and fix it, and roughly how much will it cost. Thanks for your input most appreciated, regards.

sw1000xg, could you describe your problem again, but in different terms? For example, whether or not you have heat where and when you expect it?

If you have hot water and central heating at the right times of day, and the temperature of each is acceptable, and your gas bill meets all expectations for your property, then it's possible that you don't actually have a problem.

The light for the pilot light (or flame symbol on the 24CDI) goes out after about 5 mins when I turn on the central heating, the cetral heating light (or the radiator symbol does not go out stays on) but not the flame symbol which I believe is the pilot light goes out. The hot water is fine that works with no problems forget about the water (light dont go out when turned on). Just need to know if the flame symbol is supossed to go out after awhile after turning on the central heating, or does it stay on always until you turn the central heating of. If it's not supposed to do this what might be wrong. If you can help me thanks...

The radiators are heating up (no prob's with that) and go off when you turn the central heating off. But they start to cool down when the flame light goes out (even when the central heating is on) this flame light just keeps going out all the time, on and off on and off. I have read the manual its called the FLAME DETECTION INDICATOR and it says light on BURNER ON light off BURNER OFF it keeps going off. Like I said the radiators cool down when the light goes off, and heat back up when it goes on ARGHHHHHHHH I need help please to keep me sane. Hope you can help me, thanks.

OK, I'll assume that this isn't a wind up. At the moment.

It seems that you don't have any hot water problem.

It seems that you believe you have a problem with the central heating.

It seems that you believe the problem to be that the burner does not stay lit for as long as you would expect.

Two points:

1. The term "pilot light" is reserved for describing a small flame that stays lit all the time, and which is used to ignite the main burners when heat is required. Your boiler uses electronic ignition, and does not have a pilot light. The thing you are calling a pilot light is an indicator light - it indicates that a flame has been detected, and is supposed to be confirmation that the burners are lit.

2. The burners will go off whenever the boiler reaches a preset internal temperature determined by the user controls and safety controls. It's normal for a boiler to cycle on and off during periods of heating, not to remain on for hours at a time. This doesn't mean that you don't have a fault, but it doens't mean that you have one either.

Now would be a good time to describe the rest of your system, viz:

How many radiators?
Has any work been done recently?
When was the boiler last serviced?
When did the problem start?
What position is the central heating boiler control set at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back