Worcester 24 CDI Re- Pressuring disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was just repressuring the boiler which I have done a few times but the grey turning knob came off. It went over the 1.5 bar and finally stopped at 2.5. However when I remove the white key water gushes out. I assume the water tap that fills the boiler is still on? I can't seem to turn it clockwise anymore with a pair of pliers or with fitting the knob back on, it just doesnt move. Please could someone help? Also how do you drop the pressure back to 1.5 bar? Please don't say I need a plumber!!

Many thanks,

Stressed.
:oops:

Sponsored Links
Open the pressure release valve, valve with red knob on top..untill the pressure drops to around 1.2 bar.

I would not touch the pressure relief valve, but drain it by releasing from a rad vent.
The PRV will more than likely not reseal afterwards and the manufacturers do not recommend it used for that purpose, that's why there are drain points underneath the boiler which can also be used.

Sponsored Links
If the filling loop is still open, then the pressure relief valve would of been opening anyway.

You might want to check the pressure relief discharge pipe to see if it's been leaking.

Easy job for someone who knows what they are doing, not ness a plumber.

;)

If the filling loop is still open, then the pressure relief valve would of been opening anyway.

You might want to check the pressure relief discharge pipe to see if it's been leaking.

Easy job for someone who knows what they are doing, not ness a plumber.

not necesserily. sounds like the op has a static pressure of 2.5 bar. not enough th open the prv. to the op. even if you realeased the pressure. it will still rise if the filling loop is left open. that needs to be sorted first. and trust me not an easy boiler to work on. just looking at the isolation valves might cause them to leak.

Use something better that a pair of pliers to grip it.

water-pump-pliers-chrome-vanadium-steel-1-small.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back