Worcester Boiler 30si - Noise when turn hot water tap off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have a question for anyone that is familar with the make and model of my boiler....

I had a Worcester Boiler 30si installed about 3 years ago and get it serviced ever year.

My boiler now makes a funny noise when I turn the hot water tap off. It hum's for about 20 seconds which is fine, normal and acceptable. However, this is followed by 3 small bangs.

This sound is hard to describe but it sounds like something is opening and closing 3 times. This is a new sound and is very annoying. If someone turns the tap off down stairs in the kitchen, you can hear the banging upstairs.

You can also hear it at night now when it comes on by it self. The noise is definitely from the boiler and not the pipes.

Has anybody had this probelm with Worcester's before? Is is a faulty pump or value?

Thank you in advance
TAZ

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back