worcester boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a worcester 28si ii boiler in the garage with a vertical flue fitted. I intend rotating the flue by 90 degrees so that it exits through the adjacent wall. Problem I have the flue is about 6 inches too short so I need to extend it. As far as I can see the correct flue extension for this boiler is an rsf 60/100 750mm part number 7 716 191 006 but I cant find one for a reasonable price, however on ebay there are plenty of 60/100 1m extensions part number 7716191083.

Does anyone know if this would fit ok.

thanks
'

Sponsored Links
Sorry its not vertical, I mean't "I have a worcester 28si ii boiler in the garage with a HORIZONTAL (not vertical) flue fitted. I intend rotating the flue by 90 degrees so that it exits through the adjacent wall. Problem I have the flue is about 6 inches too short so I need to extend it. As far as I can see the correct flue extension for this boiler is an rsf 60/100 750mm part number 7 716 191 006 but I cant find one for a reasonable price, however on ebay there are plenty of 60/100 1m extensions part number 7716191083."

I intend fitting this myself

Sponsored Links
The flue is, arguably, the most safety critical part of any boiler, get a gsr installer to do it.
You cannot use parts with the wrong numbers, it may fail with disastrous consequences.

Should we at least tell him why 7716191083 can't be used? :LOL:

Or simply that he should try sticking 500V into a light bulb and see what happens?

DIYing a flue...... All the best.

It's the most stupid thing you can do.

I'll ring HSE now give them the heads up to prepare for an incident...

if you want to kill yourself go right ahead you clown! fitting a flue yourself is stupid! why not go the whole hog, fit a 2nd hand flueless fire and a new gas valve! ffs

The cost difference is largely down to one being an accessory and one being a spare
As in one being current and one not ;)

Thanks most of you for your replies. I was considering doing this myself as the boiler is in the garage and the total flue length is only about 500mm going directly out of the back wall, so it looked straight forward. Based on what's been said I'll now seek some professional advice.

Boilerdokter theres no need for abuse! DIYer's like myself come on these forums for advise so your insults are pointless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back