Worcester boiler pressure at 0.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Worcester bosch pressure is at zero and I followed the instructions to raise the pressure, but nothing happens and the pressure stays at zero. What else can I do?

Sponsored Links
either you have a really bad leak, or you have made a mistake. Please post photos (by copy and paste into your reply, or use the "upload a file" button) showing all the valves, pipes and hoses under your boiler.

Hi, thanks for answering, I've followed the instructions straight from the videos, I've uploaded the photos below any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_125924.jpg
    IMG_20210503_125924.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20210503_125939.jpg
    IMG_20210503_125939.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20210503_125950.jpg
    IMG_20210503_125950.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 235
You may not be doing it correctly. The white hexagonal nut needs to be loosened off ,and the key needs to be in the correct " open" position,you should then hear water flowing into the boiler ,will need to run for a while before 1 bar pressure is reached.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terryplumb for answering, I put the key in the open position and the white nut is really tight, I have loosened the nut until its almost out and there is nothing, no water running, nothing. I have switched the electrics off as stated in the videos I've watched. I don't know what to do with it.

With the nut fully loosened ,try moving the key slowly to a different position ,you may think it's in the correct open position ,but it may not be. In your pic it's shown locked "off"

Thanks. The key can only go to the locked or unlocked position, if I move it to the locked position then water comes out of both the white nut and key position.

Sounds like the filling loop is duff. You can have an external filling loop fitted ,cheaper than replacing the integral one. Depending on your plumbing skills ,and the availability of a garden tap, you could, as a temporary measure ,connect a hose from it to a drain off point to top up. Is the boiler still operating ok ,some will ,even though pressure gauge is on zero.

Thanks again. My hot water is fine, but my heating is dead. Will I get a better outcome with an external filling loop? I've seen video's so should be able to do it.

A lot cheaper ,easy to fit ,and doesn't require working on the boiler itself. Probably more reliable too ,long term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back