Worcester boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a Worcester Greenstar 30Si. It was fitted about 2 years ago. It has stopped working, and the blue light is flashing slowly, along with a flashing reset button. I have tried resetting countless times, and it still won't work. Is there anything I can try before I call in an engineer, as I'm totally skint, and it's freezing! Also could do with a hot shower...getting a bit stinky!

Thanks for any advice,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure, is it between 1 and 1.5 bar.
If the pressure is ok then you will need an engineer as th boiler has failed to safe, the reason needs identifying. Could be one of several things sadly.

;)

thankyou...yeah, the pressure is fine. So I guess there is nothing else to do but call an engineer? I never had to do that before. Is there usually an expensive call out charge?

Is there usually an expensive call out charge?

Some do and some dont, callout includes labour as well. that flue is potentially dangerous as it is at the moment, ask friends for any RGI they can recommend.

;)

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your help and advice. I'll call somone out. Cheers.

It sounds as if it has not been serviced at the end of the first year!

It might have had a two year guarantee. It may be worth calling the makers with the serial number. They also have a repair service but thats at a fixed charge and yours may only need a little work which would have been covered by a service.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back