Worcester boiler/radiator problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I’m in need of some help/advice from someone who knows their salt....thanks in advance for anyone that can help me.
I recently bought a house which came with a Worcester greenstar zwb 7-25 combi boiler. I don’t know how old the boiler is or when it was installed as the previous owner “can’t remember”
The inspection that was done prior to us moving in flagged up that the expansion vessel has failed and will need replacing, so I put it on the long list of things to do. A few days ago I started getting high pressure problems with the boiler as well a lot of water from the overflow and then losing heat from the radiators until they were Luke warm at best.
So I bought a new vessel and had a plumber round to fit it last night, afterwards the rads were still not getting hot and then on top of that I then wasn’t getting any hot water! I left the heating on and tried bleeding a few rads but was just water coming out so there didn’t seem to be any air trapped in there.
Then I checked the boiler again and it had gone into error 9 So have turned it off now.
I’ve since contacted the plumber and he advised it is probably a blocked pump and/or valves.
Does this sound like the issue or am I looking at something worse? What would be a ballpark figure for draining and cleaning the whole pump and system?
Thanks for your time and apologies for the long winded post.

Sponsored Links
Did the plumber not check for correct operation after finishing the job? E9 is the safety limiter (overheat basically). Does the boiler have pressure? Could be a blocked pump, air trapped at pump, are the flow and return valves open?

Thanks the novice.
The rads seemed to be warming up and the pressure was spot on where it should be at the time.
And the pressure was fine this morning, although I have it turned off at the mo.
How big a job is it to unblock the pump?

Sponsored Links
Personally I haven’t changed or unblocked one on that boiler, however I don’t think it’s that big a job. It might even just be stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back