No Hot Water or Heating after removing a radiator - Do I need an engineer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I was painting my kitchen, we have push-fit plumbing so I decided to remove my radiator to get behind the pipes and the radiator. I drained the central heating system, but forgot to switch the boiler off.

Afterwards, when I put the radiator back, re-pressurised the system, bled the radiator, and reset the boiler there was no hot water still. Tried leaving it on for a bit; turning the heating on for a bit (which didn’t turn on). Drained the system again (water in it was warm), and re-pressurised.

Boiler turns on, digital display says 45 (which I believe is the temperature in the system), burner light turns on for a bit, Number keeps going up until it gets to 99, then goes off. No hot water at any point. After a bit the boiler shows error E9.

E9: Safety temp. limiter in CH flow has tripped. Remedy: Check system pressure, check safety temp. limiters, check pump operation, check fuse on pcb, bleed appliance.”

It’s a Worcester ZWB 7-30 HE combi boiler

https://ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com...30-HE-combi-installation-servicing-manual.pdf

Why is the boiler over-heating? Is there a blockage? Is this something really small that I could easily fix, or do I need to call an engineer?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back