Worcester boiler - strange leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Got a weird situation with my Worcester combi boiler...

A few weeks ago it started dripping from near the left-hand side. Couldn't see any sign of the leak, so suspected that it was deep inside. Got about half a cup of water per day.

Anway, as the pressure was very low I topped it up by inserting a small white key into a slot underneath just off centre of the boiler. There is also a small square nut which I had to turn in order to hear the filling sound.

Anyway, about a week later I decided to top it up again as it was still dripping, but this time I left the key in situ. For whatever reason, the dripping stopped - nothing. Not even a drop.

I removed the key again as a test, and it started dripping again.

Can't see how inserting / removing the key would cause water to drip from several inches away. Although the key fits snuggly in place I can continue turning it both left or right. There doesn't seem to be "stop", even though I can see both locked and unlocked padlock symbols.

Is there a clever guru who has the answer?

Best regards,

Pete

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Model is a 30Si

Many thanks for the suggestions so far - it is much appreciated.

Pete

can you identify where?
dry everything you can get to, on all pipes etc.
then when it starts dripping again, fell for the wetness on pipes etc.
stick your head under there, or use a mobile phone to take pics.

Does it look like its coming from the black plastic bit above the left hand piping?
Have a look at the first few seconds of this video:

That's posted to help you figure out where the leak comes from, NOT to help you fix it yourself.

Boiler.JPG

There appears to be a little chambre on the left-hand side (shaped like a test tube) with a small cap at the bottom. The water appears to drip from there.

kind of difficult to tell by the photo but it looks like its leaking from the condensate trap to be honest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back