Worcester Boiler zero pressure when cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just a really quick one, trying to decide whether I need an engineer out or not.

The pressure on my worcester boiler is showing as rock bottom zero when cold and just under 1 bar when hot - I noticed this as the boiler needed resetting. But otherwise is operating perfectly fine.

I have tried topping it up when cold but the needle doesnt appear to move at all, and I'm a little reluctant to top it up for too long in case I over pressurise it as I feel like the pressure reading is wrong rahter than it genuinely being low pressure - I'm assuming if it was genuinely low pressure the boiler just wouldnt work!

Questions:

1) How long should I leave the top up valve open for - I have tried it for a few seconds and no change, but this was all I needed in the past on different Worcester boilers to show a change.
2) Does this sound like a shot pressure gauge, or actually just low pressure, or something else (like pressure vessel)?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Probably a combination of depressurized expansion vessel and a restricted bundy tube to the pressure gauge.

Perhaps also something wrong with the filling loop as well.

Tony

Tony thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like an engineer visit then as that would be beyond my abilities! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back