Zero pressure on combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Worcester Bosch 24CDi RSF combi boiler and the grey pressure needle is on 0. Can anyone advise me on how to raise the pressure. There is a plastic tap underneath the boiler, which I have turned to the left and right, both of which have made no difference.

Another more minor question I have, is whether it can damage the boiler if the hot top is frequently turned on and off, for example when rinsing dishes while washing up!

Sponsored Links
After inserting the white key,just to the right there is a small white knob which you must turn to introduce water to the boiler.After the pressure is back up,turn off the small tap and remove the key.
Frequent on/off operation will wear the diverter valve and the diaphragm more quickly so it is not recommended.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do I turn the key to the left or the right, and how far should I turn the knob?

Put a little soap on the seals of the key...it will then fit easier. Push it up and rotate untill you feel it move up a little more, then turn to lock it in position. Unscrew the filling valve untill you here the water flowing. Raise the pressure to 1 Bar....DO NOT EXCEED this. Shut off the valve and remove the key. Then put the heating on and check the pressure doesn't rise to more than 2 Bar.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 45yearsagasman and gasguru, have done what you recommended and the pressure is now back to normal. Can't get the key out though, does this matter?

I have a Worcester Bosch 24CDi RSF combi boiler and the grey pressure needle is on 0. Can anyone advise me on how to raise the pressure.

See FAQ

Another more minor question I have, is whether it can damage the boiler if the hot top is frequently turned on and off, for example when rinsing dishes while washing up!
Increased wear and tear is all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back