worcester combi 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 9 years old Worcester Bosch combi 24cdi rsf
. HW light was flashing fast. Reset red button and works again. However i noticed that the pressure clock is now at about 2 when it has always between 1 and 1.25. Also, regarding Hot Water demand, the Boiler will only fire up when the water flow at the tap is at at least medium flow and even then it is very hot. At a reasonable low flow , the boiler will not fire. Any ideas ? (The water pressure in this house has always been high )[/u]

Sponsored Links
Could be wonky diverter or lack of proper maintenance.
Bit more info wouldn't go amiss.

The flashing light relates to an air flow fault. Something only an RGI should deal with.

The water not kicking in is almost certainly a diaphragm failing which usually means new diverter

Unfortunatley the best thing would probably call worcester on a fixed price.

Divertor :cry: . Not an easy job unfortunately.

The ex. vessel may need a bit of attention too, but deal with the primary issue.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
diaphragm can be changed on it's own.

As I was conncerned, called out BG on their homecare. Came this afternoon and replaced the diaphragm, pump , seals and stat whatever that is. Pressure still shows at 2 but he says thats acceptable. Firing is marginally better though.
He said I needed a magma-booster as there was a lot of gunge everywhere. Quoted £220 if he did it as part of the job or £269 if I had it done later. The boiler is actually 11 years old but he said the booster would still be there for any replacement boiler --- is that a good price ? I said I'd think about it but my initial thought were that I will prob wait until this boiler packs in and then incorporate the cleanser when fitting any subsequent boiler. Did I make the right decision ? Views ?

I'm not convinced the magnabooster actually removes anything from the system. If the system is full of sludge they will eventually give you an ultimatim to either fit a filter or they won't repair it under contract. seeing as you don't seem that bothered about the lifespan of the boiler you may want to wait and see what happens.

the alternative is to source a cheaper, and probably better, filter installed by a third party.

...He said I needed a magma-booster as there was a lot of gunge everywhere.
What you need, is getting the system cleaned, not a filter. Once that is done properly, you don't need a filter, as long as the system gets proper maintenance.

Quoted £220 if he did it as part of the job or £269 if I had it done later.
The boiler is actually 11 years old but he said the booster would still be there for any replacement boiler --- is that a good price ?
Apart from that you don't need one, I seem to remember that they quoted £175 for that job at any time.

I said I'd think about it but my initial thought were that I will prob wait until this boiler packs in and then incorporate the cleanser when fitting any subsequent boiler. Did I make the right decision ? Views ?
If you look after this one better, it can last you another decade.
One of the best combis ever sold in this country; better than a new one.

cdi? one of the best combi's ever? what have you been smoking? flux? :confused:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Thousands around in this area, and I very rarely get any call out on them. Juniors, yes, but the cdi is a pretty good workhorse.

maybe on a par with the new stuff but certainly no better. have a nasty habit of falling apart if you breathe on them too.

i'm off to buy some rizlas and get the flux out the van. :)

Bit odd that there are so many of them around, and the last one I saw is at least two years ago. (not counting the one with a duff pump due to running without water )
The only thing I've seen more than once was a broken knob-spindle, but that is purposely made like that to protect the board.

Would either of you be so kind to enlighten me as to what goes so horribly wrong with these?

...Pressure still shows at 2 but he says thats acceptable.

Garbage :rolleyes: Put the heating on full blast and watch the gauge. As it climbs towards 3 Bar the safety valve will open. Pressure should be 1 Bar with a cold system. Call them back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back