Worcester Bosch 240 RSF not firing - again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch 240RSF combi boiler.
Soft water, high mains pressure.

I'll start by thanking everyone who has helped in the past to save me expensive call-outs.

Now here's the latest problem!
I replaced the pump head as suggested by KevPlumb in my last post.

(//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=195322&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Easy job and I was quite proud of myself. Everything went OK, bled radiators, vented pump. Heating & hot water from the kitchen taps operating nicely. The cold pressure was about 1 bar and when operating was around 2 bar with no fluctuations.
All OK for a couple of days.
Then when running a bath, the water was initially hot and then cut out. Tried with all the rads off, but no change. Now the heating doesn't operate either.
So, although pilot light is on, it doesn't fire up when demand is created.
I've even removed the pump again to test it electrically but it's fine.

Once again I'm on the scrounge for expert knowledge! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I know the vent you mean, I haven't touched that at all. Could trapped air be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Not sure what red button you mean - if it's the honeywell reset than that's OK, it hasn't tripped. :?:

I've also noticed that the green 'demand' light on the front panel does not light up regardless of rad positions or hot water demand
Could the diverter diaphragm or microswitch be the problem?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back