worcester bosch 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with said boiler, its about 4 -5 years old no problems until a few weeks ago when i could not get any hot water unless the hot tap was turned on and off a few times, i replaced the water flow switch and everything seemed ok until last week and now the the same problems have returned only now when the hot water tap is turned on and off it takes longer for it to fire up. The fan comes on but then nothing happens it does not try to spark but carrys on running, the same thing happens now on heating if i turn boiler off at fuse spur and back on again the boilers works normally untill i switch heating off and then try and turn heating back on the fan continues to run but the boiler will not relight unless it is turned on and off again at spur.

Any help or advice appreciated before a heating engineer is called for

Regards Sammyboyblue

Sponsored Links
Is the fan running properly at full speed? If its got some grime in it it may be taking a while to spin up fully.

I think the fan is running at full speed how do you tell? i have not had the cover off

Sponsored Links
What you describe does sound like an air pressure switch fault but re booting the pactroll board would not affect an air pressure switch fault only a board fault such as stuck in anti cycle.. if you have one of the original 24i with the dark brown air pressure switch try moving it when the burner is on it should not switch off unless faulty.cant think of any other tests without equipment and a corgi card.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back