Worcester Bosch 28 si mk2 coventional combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, got a combi that wont fire up for water but heating is fine (old 10 year old + twin pass h/exch)
There is a flow switch on the cold inlet, am i right in saying when i disconnect the plug leading to it (clip type conection with 3 wires to it and then to board) and run hot tap i should get continuity across two off the connections to prove it has made?

Is this the likely culprit? can it be cleaned or best to just replace?

The flow switch looks similar to the ones on the vokera range.

Any help is good thanks.

Sponsored Links
The innards of the flow switch will have disintegrated you can't check it for continuity you have to check the the dc (0 to 5v) voltage across the common and the two signal wires.

Easy way to determine if flow sensor faulty is to get a new one and plug it in to wiring loom and give a good long blow through it to active the turbine

ok, thanks for the reply.

does it sound likley to be this? hot water is fine when heating is running.

Quite a common problem if htg working satisfactory but no hot water when demanded however I would have expected poor/unsatisfactory hot water regardless if the htg is working

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back