Worcester Bosch 280 Wireless Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi – I have recently bought a house that has a Worcester Bosch 280 Combi boiler fitted and have found that the room thermostat in the hallway is not connected to the boiler.

I’ve checked the wiring that the room thermostat is connected to and can confirm that it does not run to the boiler – I'm guessing it’s a relic from another system.

I don’t want to start chasing my walls out or go lifting the new carpets we’ve just had fitted to run a new cable to the hallway – that would be a significant job, so am considering a wireless thermostat – does anybody have experience of fitting a wireless room thermostat to the Worcester Bosch 280, if so can anybody recommend a suitable unit?

Thanks, Phil

Sponsored Links
Ouch - a little more than I wanted to spend... new house and all!

Is there anything on the market that will work in conjunction with the current timer (non-wireless) that fits directly to the boiler - or is that just wishful thinking?! :)

Phil

Champagne ideas. Beer money dude.

these things pay for themselves with one cold winter.

Gas is going to be your biggest outlay, and your boiler is not very efficient. I would scrimp on these things.

But nay programmable wireless room thermostat will work. The Honeywell one is just the best for most people.

The CM921 might be a little cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Okay - cheers Dan, I'll have a look around - but take your advice on the Honeywell range

Phil

Dan, If you're around I could use your help one more time...

I took your advice and have a shiny new Honeywell CM927 infront of me. Connection to power seems straight forward, but I could use some advice for the thermostat connection to the boiler.

The instructions tell me to connect the following:

Terminal A (Honeywell CM927 End) to T1 on my boiler
Terminal B (Honeywell CM927 End) to T2 on my boiler.

The Worcester Bosch 280 has 5 terminals decending vertically, the top 2 are for the Frost Stat (I'll call them 1 & 2) - so not bothered about those. The next two down would have had a bridge across them (I'll call them 3 & 4) and the botton one is labelled 'N' (I'll call that number 5).

Number 3 has a BROWN wire coming out that goes in to the existing programmer and Number 4 has a BLUE wire that connects to the existing programmer - I'm pretty sure that they connect to the existing programmer because the original bridge in the boiler was removed - hence the existing programmer is acting as the bridge, which is great for me as the wiring is already in place. Number 5 has no wire coming out of it.

The Question is: Out of 3 and 4, which is T1, and which is T2 - I'm guessing 3 = T1 and 4 = T2, but would like to know for sure

Cheers
Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back