Worcester bosch 28i expansion vessel losing pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my boiler has been losing pressure.
I read on the forums it could be the expansions vessel so i bled my radiators (only the tiniest bit of air) raised the boiler pressure from 0 to 0.5bar then pressurised the expansion vessel to roughly 0.8bar (on the foot pump gauge) . I then took the boiler pressure up to about 1.5 and ran for a couple of hours. Afterwards the pressure on the boiler had dropped down to about .3 and the expansion vessel pressure read 0.

This leads me to believe its a faulty expansion vessel.

Could it be anything else? valve? leak in radiators? I dont want to replace it to find its not the problem

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
if the expansion vessel is faulty, the press relief valve opens and loses water outside, you need to check that the 15mm copper pipe coming from the boiler through the wall outside isn t dripping. so fill it again and check that

which model boiler is it plse

You can't pressurise the expansion vessel properly without de-pressurising the boiler. Steps are:

1. Drain water from boiler / system (drain off point or radiator bleed valve or boiler drain point - NOT pressure relief valve.

2. Leave drain point open, pressurise expansion vessel with air to manufacturer's specified pressure.

3. Close drain point. Re-pressurise boiler and system to manufacturer's specified level - 1.2 bar is usually about right.

4. Run heating. If boiler pressure on gauge rises by more than about 0.5 bar when system is hot then its quite likely the expansion vessel is the problem.

Presumably you've already checked that no water comes out of the Schrader valve on the expansion vessel.

Sponsored Links
The water is leaking through the condensation pipe, a considerable amount, i think this is the problem. Nothing through the pressure release.

Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix?

Some other things have mentioned leaking through the heat exchange?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back