Worcester bosch 28i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester Bosch 28i junior combi boiler and recently it has stopped supplying hot water for the heating. It fires up ok for the hotwater and supplies plenty with no problem,but when I try to put the heating on it tries to fire up and does only briefly. It still appears to heat the water upready to send around the radiators but it only goes approximately 6 inches into the pipework and doesnt seem to be pumped any further? I have drained the system down and bleed the radiators etc but with no success. I have also checked the water pump and central heating controls which are both fine. Please help?

Sponsored Links
If the pump is turning ??? then I cannot see any reason why it will not circulate the water unless you have turned all the rads off.

Exactly how have you checked the pump "is fine" ?

Tony

I have checked the pump in two ways, the first being by listening and feeling for vibration and the second by unscrewing the blled plug and gently pushing a screwdriver in to feel the blades turning and all was fine. Plus the hot water is pumped out fine. Hope this sheds more light on it thanks for the reply.

I have checked the pump in two ways, the first being by listening and feeling for vibration and the second by unscrewing the bleed plug and gently pushing a screwdriver in to feel the blades turning and all was fine. Plus the hot water is pumped out fine. Hope this sheds more light on it thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
It doesnt go to lockout and continues to supply hot water on demand? Its only on the heating that has a problem. The ignition sequence runs momentarily and the pilot lights but then shuts off. There are no fault lights or anything else. Could it be an electrical fault from a sensor to the diverting valve, because the diverting valve pump only seems to work periodically.

It doesnt go to lockout and continues to supply hot water on demand? Its only on the heating that has a problem. The ignition sequence runs momentarily and the pilot lights but then shuts off. There are no fault lights or anything else. Could it be an electrical fault from a sensor to the diverting valve, because the diverting valve pump only seems to work periodically.

Is yours a condensing boiler (Greenstar) or just the standard Junior? If it's the standard model it doesn't have a diverter valve , it has a duel-pass heat exchanger and the pump isn't used during hot water demand. Take a closer look at the pump, other than that it must be some kind of restriction/blockage. Are the heating isolation cocks fully open?

Thanks again for youe advice, Its a (greenstar) and I have had a look at the diverter pump/valve played around with it ie (cleaned it)and it is now working. To add to that I flushed the system through foe a while as well, so it may have been an obstruction or air lock, but the latter being unlikly because the boiler is self bleeding. I will keep you posted on any further problems or developments. Thanks again for your help.

Ahhh a greenstar! that's VERY important and the boiler you titled this thread with is a completley different model. Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back