Worcester Bosch 42CDi Greenstar vibrating/buzzing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

my recently installed boiler; less than a year old, has started making a vibrating/buzzing noise, it lasts between 3 to 10-15 sec then stops, there are no errors showing on the display. I can also hear a slight water trickle sound if I put my ear to the case.

Ok History, I had this installed almost a year ago, and in the first few weeks I discovered one of the rads had a leak, and the bedroom rad made constant trickle noises, I contacted the installer who promptly ignored my call and txt.

I have moderate technical knowledge so I sorted the leaking rad myself; this damaged the carpet; small rust spot from the drips and blew my paint from the skirting - i.e. it peeled off in a sheet. The other issue I have not been able to rectify even though I have bled the rad.

Oh forgot to add I have those vertical rads like these: Vertical Radiators

Sponsored Links
Went on the Worcester Bosch website and had a look at the FAQ's watched a video on frozen condesation pipes here

Sorted the buzzing vibrating noises; blocked/frozen condensation pipe, there is quite a long run to the gutter i'd say about 12ft and there was no lagging on the pipes so obviously with this artic farce happening it froze.

I have the condensation hose running into a piece of pipe and into the bath at the moment so that gets me my heating and hot water back.

I am going to replace the pipe because I have no way of telling where the frozen bits are and it could take a while to thaw it out, by then its night and the temps drop again. I can't take the pipe to pieces because it is soldered, not sure if I can fit push-fit joints or if I need to replace with soldered joints again and then lag properly.

I will eventually change the bathroom to a shower room so maybe i can run the pipe inside to merge with the outflow of the sink.

Update: Got pipes thawed and lagged but I'm keeping one eye on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back