Worcester greenstar oil fired 32/50kW condensing boiler

Thank you Tony. I have Worcester Engineer coming on Friday, so I will see what he says. I shall mention the things you said to him.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Tony. I have Worcester Engineer coming on Friday, so I will see what he says. I shall mention the things you said to him.

But don't say you got it off the internet ;)

You guys give more sensible and knowledgeable advice than any plumber I can find in this area! :LOL:
This forum has been a real eyeopener and I have learnt so much from you all.
But, you are right, probably best not to say I've been looking on the internet. That must be so annoying!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, but we ( well most ) are boiler engineers and not plumbers!

Tony

I know - wish you all lived in North Devon! ;)

Anyway, can I ask what you mean by restricted flow again?

Something that's preventing the water getting through as fast as it otherwise might.

But in a new boiler, what would cause a restriction? Is it something physical or is it back to the boiler being too big for the job? Thank you.

It might be dirt that has been circulated to somewhere where it has built up and partially blocked somewhere. That could be anywhere, not just in the boiler. As you imply it was OK at first then that sounds likely.

Or it could be dirt in the pump or a valve is not fully open.

Lots of possibilities but all made worse because ther boiler seems far too large for the use.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back