worcester bosch greenstar 28cdi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just had a new greenstar combi boiler fitted 28cdi....... never had a combi boiler before ....we have had it fitted in kitchen on a wall where old boiler was... but it seems very noisy on hot water and on central heating ...a bit like a kettle boiling.We have had the engineer out and he tested it all and said all was good and it was the normal noise of the boiler firing up etc.l have looked on line and keep reading conflicting advice some saying combi,s are noisy some saying their is no noise at all ........... it is in a old cupboard at moment which is too large for it but we are having a new kitchen fitted just wondered if a smaller cupboard, soundproofing may make a difference. Any help really appreciated as i am dreading the noise it will make this winter.Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Apart from the odd clunk and start up noises the boiler should be pretty quiet. Even a POS like the Wooshitter Botch. I would say a fridge kicking in is a comparable noise. But if you look in the installation book, the technical table might give you the expected db level.

If it sounds like a kettle, then hopefully it is just air sloshing around the pump.

If it doesn't settle down in a few days and the installer is continuing to be useless, call WB out under warranty.

Is this a 28CDi Compact?

Your installer should have advised you about ventilation in cupboards for this unit. Whilst it is designed to fit into a small cupboard, convection cooling is needed. The instructions show a diagram called 'compartments'.

With respect to the noise, either you are very fussy or there is something wrong. As Dan suggests, Worcester will arrange a service call to check. Because that's the kind of people they are. Some, such as ATAG wouldn't, they make a charge if there is nothing wrong.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for reply,s i have had worcester engineer out over the noise spent quite a while checking everything over and testing it, and said nothing wrong with boiler it is standard noise they all make on heating setting etc .... and if i had it fitted upstairs i would hear it....... just confused as some people say they are not noisy some say it,s normal noise also read online you can turn them down internally, spoke to worcester about this but they said not. Think i may have to look at soundproofing the new cupboard . Sorry cannot post video not very good with computers etc but thnks for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back