worcester bosch boiler CDi24le hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The secondary heat exchanger has needed to be changed again ...thats twice in 2 years. :eek:

the gas man said it was down to Agressive water :(
when I spoke to him on the phone he said he may have been able to fit a filter .. when he came round he said that could not be done as all the pipes were hidden in the wall behind the boiler !! :cry:

so is there anything I can do to stop this happening again

replacing the H/E is a dear old game

would it be worth trying to flush out the aggressive water with a hose or remove all of the radiators & flush them out in the back garden & if so is this very hard to do then what do I need to put in the radiators to stop the aggressive water building up again ?

& this is all down to BG not flushing the system before they fitted the boiler

any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you live in a hard water area the only fix is to fit a scale reducer....why can't you fit it onto the water main after your stopcock?, if its impossible then really you're looking at altering some pipework to allow it.
A system flush has nothing to do with the secondary heat exchanger, but a flush must be carried out before an installation. Are you saying it had a chemical flush instead of a full powerflush?

as far as i remember BG never flushed anything,

they just took the old boiler off the wall & stuck the new one in its place

I was told by the guy that fitted the plate heat exchanger, the reason that the heat exchanger kept packing up in the winter was because sludge from the radiators was pushed into the exchanger & that blocked it up

so i thought that if I cleared out the radiators it may stop it happening agin next winter

the guy wasnt on about fitting a scale reducer he said a filter on the central heating return , but that cant be done as the pipes are behind the wall

how much is a scale reducer & where could I get one

When I asked BG about fitting one before they fitted the boiler they said there was no need as they did more harm than good

BTW British gas were awfull, the fitters were contractors & did not want to be doing the job so near christmas on the second day they turned up worst for where, & there solderiing was crap as well kept dripping all the time from the joints that they tried to solder up hile they were wet , steam was pouring out everywhere.

poxxy boilers never been right

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back