Worcester Bosch CDi - No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I got an oldish (2001) Worcester Bosch CDi Series Combi. Worked well, recently changed logic board & gas valve thingy. This evening the Hot Water stopped working for some reason. The Central Heating still works!! But when I turn on any of my hot water taps the tap light does not come on and no hot water. Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally a perished diaphragm...a diy job if you're really brave. One of the worst repair jobs to do on one of the worst ever boiler designs. :rolleyes: Have a look and see if the pin operates the switch on the end of the diverter valve. Might be worth checking out a Worcester fixed price deal.

Thanks GasGuru,.. after running the central heating for half an hour the problem has disappeared !!! it's likely to resurface again at some point so better start thinking about changing the part. Shall I just replace the diaphragm or the whole diverter valve assembly? I'm thinking about the time & effort and the likelyhood the valve might go soon at some point. Also what did you mean by Worcester fixed price deal? Thanks again.

If you are doing a DIY repair the time taken does not come into the equation!

Its a difficult repair on your model and we would replace the whole valve for our customers and expect it to take about 2.25 hours.

Just replacing the diaphragm would be a bit longer in most cases unless you tried to replace it in situ which is very fiddly.

Much better as a fixed price repair from BG or Worcester.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thats a nice helpful posting!

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you will be willing to add further appropriate helpful comments to other threads in the future.

Slightly less helpful is that your Company insists on using an 0844 number!

These are not included in calling bundles from mobile phones. I agree that Worcester do answer fairly quickly but unfortunately not all ( Vaillant being the worst ) manufacturers are so quick.

Many people have mobile contracts that give say 600 minutes of calls but only to 01/02/03 numbers whereas 0844 numbers are charged at up to 30p/min

I would be very pleased if you could put this point to your MD and advise us of his response.

Tony

I am sorry but I have to disagree!

Many people use mobile calls because they carry their mobile with them where they go.

You could obtain exactly the same technical facilities if you used an 03 number as the 0844 range.

When so many of your customers find the use of 0844 numbers acutely annoying, as we are charged at about 30p/min from mobiles, I am surprised that your company do not take that on board and offer an 01905 number as an alternative. Or just do the sensible thing and use an 03 number!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back