Worcester bosch combi boiler needs re-setting

Perhaps if we could have some info on what fault code the boiler is giving us we could help further.. If it is an intermittant fault and the engineer hadn't been told, then he wouldn't have been looking for a fault. As said before these boilers only need stripping if the vacuum or combustion require it as the seals need replacing if the heat cell has been opened... the HE is also a pain to clean unless you have the correct cleaning brush...

Many is the time I have a customer call me for a service when what they really need is a repair...

Sponsored Links
Slide... is the blue light flashing? If so how is it flashing?

it is flashing, probably on for 1 second then off for 2 seconds and so on.
If i re-set it, it lasts anything from 1 to 2 days!!!!!
Is it likely to be something that i can look at myself. Am a mechanic by trade, and do have a varied selection of hammers that i can use :D

Perhaps if we could have some info on what fault code the boiler is giving us we could help further.. If it is an intermittant fault and the engineer hadn't been told, then he wouldn't have been looking for a fault. As said before these boilers only need stripping if the vacuum or combustion require it as the seals need replacing if the heat cell has been opened... the HE is also a pain to clean unless you have the correct cleaning brush...

Many is the time I have a customer call me for a service when what they really need is a repair...

How can i tell? The only digital readout on this model is for the timer / clock!

I too have a Worcester Bosch 35 cdi that cuts out. Been fine for 5 years I must add.

It works fine providing central heating, and fine providing hot water... until there is a demand for cold water! The boiler then cuts out and requires a reset - most unfortunate when showering :confused:

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
just for all those "anti bg plumbers out there u do make me laff :LOL: :LOL: when i worked for bg and i had a non zero governor boiler to service the h-exchanger would be visually chkd and cleaned as necessary,everybody did this.all other chks would obviously be carried out i.s pressures,ffd etc,i would also like to know what else there is to do on say a worcester 15ri service??
why would u strip the burner out to see that its in brand new condition?????after clearly passingcombustion test min-max levels and adjust as necessary,visually checking flame picture thru window and checking inside boiler,taking the burner out is more likely gonna bugger the thing up and recalls occur!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back