Worcester bosch combi boiler needs re-setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!
We have a 3 year old Worcester Bosch combi boiler. The re-set light keeps flashing, requiring a reset in order to get hot water.
There is around 2 bar of pressure, and it was serviced by BG around 2 weeks ago, no fault was found.
ANY IDEAS????
THanks in advance,
PAul.

Sponsored Links
HELP!!!
We have a 3 year old Worcester Bosch combi boiler. The re-set light keeps flashing, requiring a reset in order to get hot water.
There is around 2 bar of pressure, and it was serviced by BG around 2 weeks ago, no fault was found.
ANY IDEAS????
THanks in advance,
PAul.

It could be anything wrong with it!

The obvious solution is to call BG back to sort it out.

Was it doing this before BG came or just after?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi there,
it's a greenstar 28i junior, and, yes it was doing it before the service!
Aren't they great? :rolleyes:
Got to do a service.
Hey, there is a flashing warning light!
Bah, not part of the service, let it flash.

Are you sure they did a service and not a safety check?
I have come across countless people that thought they had a contract with bg that included an annual service, but in reality, they usually don't.

Are you on a keymeter by any chance?

We're 90% that it was a service, not a check, and not sure what a key meter is, if it's a pre-pay system then no, we're not on a pre pay system.

Would it be affected by other appliances, i.e. washer, dissh washer, or is it just a coincidence that it needs re-setting on a regular basis?

Slideways...

Try asking BG if the "Service" they carried out on your Worcs 28! was in line with the manufacturers reccommendations.

Or, more likely the standard flue combustion reading that they carry out and call a service..!

Contact Worcester and ask for an engineer repair visit you will get peace of mind with them..!

Lets spend a few hours slagging off BG.

Then we'll get around to sorting out what may be wrong with the guys boiler :evil:

Looks like danger "hi-ho silver" mouse is still about.

Slide... is the blue light flashing? If so how is it flashing?

Lets spend a few hours slagging off BG.

Then we'll get around to sorting out what may be wrong with the guys boiler :evil: ...
We all know that there are hundreds of thousands of people, who think their boiler is serviced every year, but only get a safety check.
I recently had a new client who was under that impression when she paid bg 2 ton a year. She was most surprised to see the burner come out when I serviced the boiler, and assured me that that had never happened in the past 6 years.
If the boiler has really been serviced, we can rule out a number of things that could cause this fault.

Did you mention the fault at the time of the service? If not and it worked ok at the service then he'll never have known. Also to all the BG slag offmerchants noons here knows how it was serviced... Maye
be the fan pressure was ok so no need to clean heat ex.... T
just check co2 clean trap blah blah.
Another point. If it's a one off service then the fault won't be fixed unless it can be at the visit. If it's the £1 or £59 service they are hardly likely to start lashing in ££££ parts.
It's starting to properly p1ss me off that RGIs assume every BG engineer is a telegan tramp. I serviced a 28i junior today and always strip and clean, best part of an hour.
Remember there are good and bad everywhere. The RGI I was at yesterday for example on a call assist who managed somehow to put a fecking gas valve in reversed!!!!

Hi -
I think this is the problem I had when my Worcester bosch (35CDII) was first installed about 6 yrs ago...eventually the fitters got Worcester Bosch to look at it and it was due to the heat sensor being misaligned during transit.

It was mainly the central heating causing problems - when it fires up to maintain the temp - and it still does it now very occasionally. When the heating is off and it happens if you turn the hot tap off for a few seconds then on again it seems to 'reset'...

Basically if the gas doesn't ignite quickly enough - or the sensor can't tell it has ignited - it will cut out - to stop a build up of gas (boom!) :eek: ...I think it might be a bit of a design fault ...I think it could be designed so that it turns the gas off and then tries again a minute later and if there is a still a problem then goes to reset.
(not only is it annoying when it does it on a cold winter morning - but worse when you go away in winter time leaving it to come on for a wee while to stop the pipes freezing and come back to an icy cold house)

I think you should get British Gas back and get them to look at it - especially if you have one of those repair and service contracts...otherwise get a local plumber (ideally one recommended by Worcester Bosch)...
BTW I've just had my boiler serviced by a local plumber (Gas safe registered) and it only cost me £40 plus VAT - and he did strip the boiler down...I watched him...How much are those British Gas contracts per year???? And they are only interested in new boilers....so spare parts needed...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back