Worcester Bosch Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My oldish Worchester Bosch combi seems to be starting to play up. It's about 10 years old and has never failed - except recently it has decided to fluctate between hot and cold on the hot water delivery to the taps. You get about 1min piping hot water - then it goes to cold for about 30 seconds - then back to hot again - and continues to fluctuate. Can anyone offer advice of what the cause might be? Thanks in advance! :)

Sponsored Links
Without knowing the model I would think that it is overheating and shutting off, probably down to the DHW side being scaled up.

The model is a 240 - is the descaling something a competent DIYer could do - or it is really a job for a professional?

I wouldn't attempt ANY repair on a worcester as they are awkward to work on unless you know them intimately.

WB experts on here may disagree, but that is my personal opinion.

Sponsored Links
Ok - thanks. Advice taken - i'll get a 'professional' in. Cheers!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back