Worcester Bosch DT10RF Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've just had a shiny new boiler installed at the start of the summer. It's kind of getting cold now so was hoping to get a bit of heat through the house.

My old boiler had a handy switch with three options 'off' 'water' water and heating'. If it was cold, I would turn the heating on. Too warm and I would turn it off. Simple.

My new boiler is so intelligent, I've no idea how to turn the heating on.

At the risk of coming across a total Div, can someone please tell me how to simply turn the heating on and off. I'd rather not call the plumber who installed it. It's a male pride thing.

Cheeers !!

Sponsored Links
Once you wrap your head round the DT10RF, then it is a good little programmer.. Unfortunately it has so many options on it, it is tricky to explain it all here..

the simple way to get you boiler to fire up is to hit the temperature up button ( there are two large buttons to the right of the display, these are the temperature up and down buttons) until the set temperature (the number on the display that goes up as you hit the up button) is higher than your room temperature ( The number that is displayed constantly) This temperature will be the set point for the heating until the timer is due to change to it's next setting.

The DT10RF has 3 pre programmed heating plans built in and will alter the temperature up to 6 times per day... From 6.30 to 8.30 ish the set temp will be 20c, then it will drop to 16c until 11.30 (ish) then raise it for you to come home at lunch and so on.. The tricky thing to explain to folk is that the heating is never really off but on stand by. All of these time periods and temperatures can be adjusted to suit what you want and when... (as can the water preheat on the boiler)

I'm afraid this is as clearly as I can describe the workings of this programmer, and it assumes that you have the newer rounded unit rather than the older very square unit.. I think that I'm as clear as mud here :confused:

There's two DT10 RFs one is a digistat and the other is an optimiser.

Both types clearly marked on the programmer itself.

The digistat is a 24hour programmer and the optimiser is a 7day programmer and they both have a delayed start function which is set in the installer menu

Just hit the MAN button and bump the temp up to about 24degrees then the flame symbol should come on on the programmer and your boiler will fire shortly after.

Confusingly the cat number for both is identical except for one digit at the end, the digistat ends in 52 and the optimiser ends in 53.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back