Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri boiler ripples?

Sponsored Links
germany didnt indulge in the early viessmann (dover 100) it was made just for us and thats a pile of rubbish we bring a lot of this on ourselves

to true. viessmann really have felt the impact the wb1a did. shame there tarred with that as the wb1c is now a great piece of kit. the 200 series is some kit also. but as you say the british don have the same attitude on heating systems like the germans. basically we moan like **** at price yet want the best. think a german heating engineer laughs at the thought of powerflushing. dont think they even use inhibitors.

i,d be quite interested if you know of how they view it i have been on the outside of an expensive case and some commercial systems are now treated with biocide rather than cleaners this is very much a black art and i dont fully understand it but some of the cleaners rob the water of its buffers and make it suseptable to bacterial groth

Sponsored Links
I paid £150 for the boiler, it has been fitted by an accredited Worcester Bosch gas safe engineer.
I have now taken out a 1 year (£300) service contract with Worcester Bosch who are coming around on Monday and will carry out any repairs necessary to get it working.

So was it already rippled when you bought it?

That could explain the low price!

Tony

The engineer arrived, looked at it and refused to carry out any work on it, so much for their "good service"

Unless Ive misread something in this thread, it'll be because its probably already registered to a different address?

I wasn't there but he told my wife that the Worcester Bosch accredited plumber should have never hung it on the wall!

Probably because it was second hand. I'm sure regs say that fitting second hand appliances is allowed... might be wrong.

Probably he saw it as unfair that the fixed price repair offer is used to put right an obviously goosed boiler due to quality of the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back