Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i. Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Our boiler which us around 13 years old seems to have developed a problem. When the CH is on the Boiler fires for about 10 seconds then goes off. After 30seconds or so it repeats the 10 second thing then goes off after doing this a couple of times, the reset light cones on. If I push the reset light the boiler appears to reset, but goes back to firing then going out again.
I have it serviced every year last time was in July. I'm just wondering if it's time to call it a day and have a new boiler fitted ?
Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
Which 28i model is it? A Greenstar or just Junior? What lights come up to reset? It might just be a control or mechanical issue. Have you tried contacting an engineer?

Thanks for the ge replies. It's the green star 28i
Speaking of the Pump it seems to be making a noise when the Boiler starts to fire sounds like a kind of grinding noise. Will try and get someone round. I'm in Glasgow West. Does anyone know any local guys ?
Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
Making some progress. Managed to contact am engineer. Hopefully have something sorted by tomorrow.
Ian

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Update..
Had someone come out last night. Turned out to be the Condesate which was chocked. When drained it was full of grit.
I guess it must have been building up over a period of time.
All fixed now.
Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back