Worcester Bosch Heatslave 20/25 too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ongoing intermittent issue with a oil fired Heatslave 20/25 OSO condensor boiler.

Occasionally the boiler gets very hot, the DHW gets very hot indeed. When it is in this state, both thermostat controls (DHW and CH) do not respond. In addition, if the room thermostat is turned on, the CH does not come of and the diverter valve does not operate. It seems that the boiler goes into a hot state of paralesis!

Replace so far by engineer: DHW thermostat, diverter valve. I have replaced the CH thermostat and the main boiler thermostat (as these were cheap and easy to replace). It seems better than it was before the diverter valve and latter 2 thermostats were replaced but still is not right.

It has had a PCB board in the past, but this functioned fine for a good while.

If I let the boiler cool down, it works fine and may do so for soem time before it happens again.

Anybody go any clues?

Sponsored Links
Bleed the heatstore. The water isnot up to the pocket and therefore the thermostat is not sensing it.

Bleed the heatstore. The water isnot up to the pocket and therefore the thermostat is not sensing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back