Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 HW Too Hot

Yep. On the 6th I requested a different engineer because the first one clearly had no idea what he was doing. He kept saying it was a complicated boiler and fitted lots of different bits, none of which were the problem, only the new thermostat he had fitted on the first visit. Also on his first visit he had tested the gas pressure, said it was way too high (preset) and turned it down to half and messed with the inside of the flue, both of which the engineer who made the 6th visit corrected.

I've got all the worksheets and exactly what they did.

Like I said if I had had to pay for the callouts and parts I would not be happy.

unfortunately most bg engineers are useless, on your 6th visit you must have got the senior engineer by pot luck. I would recommend you insist on getting the good one back in future and don't take no for an answer.

Sponsored Links
Yep. On the 6th I requested a different engineer because the first one clearly had no idea what he was doing. He kept saying it was a complicated boiler and fitted lots of different bits, none of which were the problem, only the new thermostat he had fitted on the first visit. Also on his first visit he had tested the gas pressure, said it was way too high (preset) and turned it down to half and messed with the inside of the flue, both of which the engineer who made the 6th visit corrected.

Like I said if I had had to pay for the callouts and parts I would not be happy.

What was the original complaint with your boiler? I fail to see how a BG guy can still cock things up after 5 visits. His manager cant be any help as these multiple visits are supposed to be followed up by managers. Maybe im weird but when i first started out on my own with BG if i didnt know what was wrong i asked older engineers / tech help or the manufacturers tech support.

What was the original complaint with your boiler? I fail to see how a BG guy can still cock things up after 5 visits. His manager cant be any help as these multiple visits are supposed to be followed up by managers. Maybe im weird but when i first started out on my own with BG if i didnt know what was wrong i asked older engineers / tech help or the manufacturers tech support.

6 visits is nothing for ****ish gas; I've seen 20 visits in a month when I've made manufacturers visits for them and it was a meter guvenor so not even the boiler and it had been completely rebuilt! The irony is they call us parts chuckers. . . :LOL:

The original problem was the pilot light kept going out and he did fit a new thermocouple (not thermostat as I said above).

Sponsored Links
The individual really has to question whether they are cut out for breakdown work dont they. I know a few guys who are truely useless at fault finding but the system at BG makes it easy for them to duck out of problematic jobs.

The individual really has to question whether they are cut out for breakdown work dont they. I know a few guys who are truely useless at fault finding but the system at BG makes it easy for them to duck out of problematic jobs.

and stitch up their colleagues who get the same pay for doing all the crap jobs; no justice. :rolleyes:

and stitch up their colleagues who get the same pay for doing all the crap jobs; no justice. :rolleyes:

That sounds familiar! We are V lucky in that our TSM will act against anyone dumping **** jobs. We had a great show and tell with LSX'd parts that he had been provided with as proof of various ****e engineers. Was great to watch them squirm

Well, the first engineer was older than the second. I do recall now the first one saying he had been a service engineer, but there was more money doing callouts.

Maybe he had not been a call out engineer very long, I dont know. He had rung his Manager and Worcester but he kept shutting himself in with the boiler when he was on the phone and then coming out saying how useless they were and not any help. I felt sorry for the guy, I really did, but I was getting a bit fed up with having him back every day and still having problems.

If only he had just fitted the thermocouple, left the gas pressure alone and not messed with the flue it would have only been the one visit. Oh he managed to sell me a carbon monoxide monitor and a new loop, so his sales pitch was ok.

That sounds familiar! We are V lucky in that our TSM will act against anyone dumping s**t jobs. We had a great show and tell with LSX'd parts that he had been provided with as proof of various s***te engineers. Was great to watch them squirm

when I was there the usual suspects got away with murder and still do afaik, booking parts in on rest days and on lates/weekends was their fave trick. I ended up nutting one of em and he didn't do it again-to me anyway. ;)

really!! I was thinking of applying for a trainne job with them!!

Maybe not a good idea then?

if the pilot kept going out on a permpilot boiler, i'd say it was either a worn t/couple, partially blocked gas filter/injector, incorrect gas pressure/rate? that's guessing i'm not a gas trained engineer obviously.

Well, the first engineer was older than the second. I do recall now the first one saying he had been a service engineer, but there was more money doing callouts.

Maybe he had not been a call out engineer very long, I dont know. He had rung his Manager and Worcester but he kept shutting himself in with the boiler when he was on the phone and then coming out saying how useless they were and not any help. I felt sorry for the guy, I really did, but I was getting a bit fed up with having him back every day and still having problems.

If only he had just fitted the thermocouple, left the gas pressure alone and not messed with the flue it would have only been the one visit. Oh he managed to sell me a carbon monoxide monitor and a new loop, so his sales pitch was ok.

6 visits for a simple thermocouple fault; it just gets better! :LOL:

waiting for some brown nose like palerider45 to justify that. . . . . :LOL:

still as long as he got a sale of the COD his boss will be happy. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back