Worcester Bosch honeywell wiress thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

New here.

My family and I have just moved into a new house with a Worcester Bosch greenstar 28i junior boiler. The thermostat is the mechanical time clock and tbh doesn't seem to work too well.

I was advised by a heating engineer who serviced it to replace with a decent digital wireless thermostat..

In our previous home I bought a homexpert by honeywell th872 wireless setup and it was perfect with no issues. So I bought another for the new house.

I've had a friend (and fully qualified electrician of 20 years) over tonight and he wired in the new reciever and removed the bridge (fuse type thing) to disable the existing receiver in the boiler, however it seemed to work fine then the light on the receiver started to flash and this seemed to disable the boiler.. can anyone please advise if it is actually possible or are we stuck with the existing receiver keep flashing and having to be manually turned off from time to time to allow the homexpert one to control the boiler?

Thank you in advance & kindest regards

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's perfectly possible

Rule 1 of heating systems - never ever allow an electrician to come into contact with heating wiring. They just can't cope with it, and quite apart from that they're not Gas Safe Registered and therefore shouldn't be removing the front cover of the boiler (which needs to be done to access the PCB on your boiler and many others out there).

You've not said whether your light is flashing red or green, but generally speaking a flashing light on the receiver means there's a problem with the stat rather than the boiler

Hi and thanks. The old worcester thermostat is now battery less and removed.

The integral receiver on the boiler is flashing green and the honeywell stat and receiver seem to be doing their thing for a while then after a bit the boiler seems to stop doing anything and the light on the (by all accounts disabled) integral receiver starts to flash green?

Thanks.

Just to add, I guess it is seeing a problem with the stat in as much as it isn't there anymore.. is the best way to disable the old receiver by removing the bridge?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ah, didn't pick up that it had an internal one fitted. That'll be causing the conflict and needs to be removed

Great. Thanks.

Do you know if I can remove the WB receiver and fit a blanking plate or do I have to replace it with a manual (albeit unused) timer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back