worcester bosh 24i junior combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice guys. I have a worcester bosh 24i combi boiler which has been nothing but trouble, its about 2 years old and currently i have all heating system working but the hot water firstly theperformance started to deteriate, then the hot water would only work with heating on, now we have no hot water flow at all. Any ideas would be appreciated ?

Sponsored Links
dirt, corrosion and limescale would be my first guess

presume this is the condensing model?

No its not a condensing boiler ,just plain old fashioned combi.Would power flush cure problem or would I need to chemical treat it ?

if you have no hw FLOW do you mean no water out of tap?

boilers older than 2 years btw.

Sponsored Links
yep, no hot water coming out of tap.no water fowing out of DHW flow at boiler. Water flow turbine replaced, water going into pump. Help!

check any inline filters on the boiler. is it all hot taps with no water. check the taps spouts for blockages.

its possibly the heat exchanger completely scaled up but i woiuld think you'd have notcied this happening.

the dcw supply to the boiler is on isnt it... noone messed with the plumbing lately?

its all hot water taps, noticed some small black deposits when using hot water recently, as said previously water flow went to trickle, last night stopped completely. I have fed direct cold water through washing machine pipes to see if air lock as well. CH still working fine. If scaled up would adding chemicals through radiators work or would i need power flush from proffesional. Would this be a likely soution

Just noticed pipe work from heat exchanger, through DHW sensor and out seems to be hot , yet no flow of any water hot or cold ?

is that: COLD water coming out of hot tap

or:

NO water coming out of hot tap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back