Worcester Bosh 24Ri

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had this boiler just over a year now as ive been doing some work on the house it has been necessary to drain the system down a few times.

With the old boiler i never had a problem getting it to work after but for some reason this WB fires up & runs for about two mins & shuts down.

Does anyone know the correct procedure to provent air getting into this system, ive tried bleeding air from the radiators with little luck i get quite abit of air from the drain pipe on the boiler but i must of spent about 5 hrs today bleeding air from there & still cold rads :(

If anyone could give me some ideas what to try next that would be great thanks :)

Sponsored Links
You need to bleed the heat exchanger via the silicone tube.

You have done that haven't you?

Hi yes thats the one ive been bleeding hot steam out of for a few hrs, the boiler runs then turns itself off i bleed air/steam out until i get water then turn the boiler back on again

Have you tried to bleed the whole system with the motorised valve(s) manually opened?

Sponsored Links
Sorry not sure what motorised valve your on about, im draining the system again see if that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back