Worcester cbi 9/14 ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I seem to be having a run on mates with broken boilers but as I rule I usually stick to installing cause of my lack of experience at fault finding.
It's not been used over summer and won't fire now so he asked me to have a look.
He tells me that it leaks down the right hand side onto the worktop below when it rains heavily.
The flue has been installed incorectly with a slight fall back like a condensing flue which I will correct for him and so I susspect the board has been water damaged as it has green scale on some of the resistors, however , after striping and cleaning the chamber, cleaning and resetting the gap on the electrodes ,checking for gas at the inlet side of the valve,removed and Checked all the air pressure tubes for blockage listened for(and heard) the audible click of the pressure switch click after the fan kicks in,and checking the operation of pump and demand at the external stats / clocks , the boiler then did achieve ignition of the pilot flame, quickly followed by the main burner , then even more quickly shut down again but with no flame failure indication or lock out, the fan just continued to spin. This is why I am unsure the board is damaged.
Thanks in advance for any advice / experience with this model .
Brent

Sponsored Links
I have a possible ( probable? ) cause for that problem.

But as its gas related I cannot post it here.

Ask in the Combustion Chanmber part of the site for RGIs and I will be pleased to help you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back