Worcester Combi 24cdi problem with overheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a lot of Googling I have managed to determine that my boiler is in overheat lockout (both CH and DHW lights flashing slowly, once a second; green power light on, no other lights on). I'd been having problems with it making a terrible screaming noise and realised the pressure was on 0, so I repressurised the system - has made no difference to the flashing lights. Google says overheat lockout, reset system.

Fine, so reset the system by pressing the red reset button for 5 seconds.

HOWEVER, when I do this, the CH light goes out but the DHW light continues to flash. Then, after the reset, the CH light comes back to flashing. Basically, resetting isn't doing anything.

I've turned the system off at the power switch for an hour, but turning it back on makes no difference to the original problem.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I think there is a fault.

Have you considered calling an engineer?

Tony

I'm a tenant, so I have to go through my letting agents...and of course, they're shut on a Sunday! It's ok; I'm just going to leave it a little longer then try resetting it again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back