Worcester Combi Boiler

S

shelaghb

Can anyone help a wee damsel in distress as my partner is working away at present and I am losing pressure on the boiler.

It is a Greenstar HE, just coming up to 2 year old. I am having to top it up every 2 hours or so, as it is losing pressure when the heating is not running. I have checked for leakage on the outside pipe, and there isn't any, and nothing is leaking in or around the boiler itself.

I have spoken to the plumber who installed it, and he's says I must have a leak somewhere on the pipework, but what I don't understand is, it was working perfectly alright until last Saturday when he came to service the boiler.

As he didn't touch anything else other than the boiler - just seems such a coincidence to me

Any advice would be helpful at this moment

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It probably is a coincidence!

I would ask someone to check to see that there is no leak into the condensate drain.

Otherwise its in the pipework or rad valves.

People who install boilers are not usually very good at fixing them.

Tony

hi shelaghb,
sounds a bit like bad news to me... sounds like the symptom of the main heat exchanger burst and leaking into the sump/condensate pipe.

If the system was installed correctly i.e. inhibitor added and the benchmark book completed on installation.... get installer to contact worcester as the heat exchanger is likely to be covered under guarantee.

BG is good bet for fixed price repair if not covered by worcester.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your advice gasgirl. When I read your reply, it did remind me that I have heard it condensing into the 'waste' more than I can remember, so I'll get Worcester to come and check it out.

Fine do that if they will come out for free, but if not, switch off boiler so it can't come on by mistake, even when running hot water, isolate flow and return pipes, does boiler now loose pressure over same period of time? Yes, call boiler repair folk, no? leak in pipework rads somewhere.

When the boiler is not in use there should be no discharge from the condensate pipe.

Since your model has a syphon it gives the condensate output in "little bursts" . It might give just ONE burst shortly after it stops but there should be no more afterwards.

If it does then it implies a serious leak in the main heat exchanger which will hopefully be covered under the warrantee!

Please let us know the outcome.

Tony

Paul, you suggested isolating the flow and return pipe, can you please advise how I go about this, as I have no idea.

Thanks Shelagh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back