Worcester Combi Greenstar HE - No hot water

S

shelaghb

Could anyone please give me some quick advice.

I have the above combi boiler, about 5 years old. Hot water has sudden stopped. Was fine earlier today. Central heating is fine. When I open a hot water tap, the boiler fires up and the red light for the pilot comes on, but no hot water.

Could anyone point me in the right directions please.

Shelagh

Sponsored Links
The fault you describe and how to fix is not in your remit.

I thought there may have been some sort of reset button I needed to press with the fault occuring suddenly. Failing that, if I could have been given some advice as to which part may have failed, as I will be contacting a fitter tomorrow, and as my partner is away at present, it would have given me some idea as to whether I was being treated fairly - a lot of females aren't you know!!

I can assure you I have no intentions of trying to fix it myself, nor taking work from a tradesman, which I am sure your post implies.

This is not the first time I have been met with this attitude on this site - I thought the site was for advice, obviously not.

You're expecting a free resolution. My job is to repair and keep safe boilers and systems. The fault you specifically describe cannot be done by you and why oh why do you think you wouldn't be treated fairly? My partner is away! Ha, I love people like you, keeps me in business.

Sponsored Links
You're expecting a free resolution. My job is to repair and keep safe boilers and systems. The fault you specifically describe cannot be done by you and why oh why do you think you wouldn't be treated fairly? My partner is away! Ha, I love people like you, keeps me in business.

First and foremost, don't imply I'm a liar with your sneering remarks about my partner being away. If you check my previous posts, you will find I have looked to this site before in similar circumstances, and, why would I be asking for a free solution if the fault requires parts and labour - I can't repair it so what would be the point.

What planet you live on, I really can't imagine, but yes, I bet you do love people like me. People who can't dispute a word you say, 'so tell them anything', and take their money.

If you can't be polite and helpful, then stay off my posts.

What would you do if I give you the right direction?

What would you do if I give you the right direction?

Ah, just realised - you're trying to get your post count up aren't you.

Ignore button just pressed!!!!

Could be a few things but i would be looking at flow turbine if your heating is working ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back