worcester electronic 9.24BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, new to this forum.

worcester 9.24BF CH works fine, but hot water goes cold when run at 9 l/min, but stays hot when run at 4/5 l/min anything in between comes and goes.

Have tried new DHW sensor - no change. I really thought that was it!
Doesnt look like divert valve (2yrs old), diaphragm moves valve up to make microswitch and doesnt move any further (tried little screwdriver). Pump runs OK. Checked DHW sensor connection on board - OK.

Any ideas appreciated. If all else fails does anyone have an opinion on what to get replacement wise.

Worcester 30CDI, Baxi Platinum HE A, or Glow worm Ultracom2 cxi?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Heat exchangers scaled or sludged. Restricted either way. I'd personally go for a valiant.

Worcester 9.24, must be nearly 20 years old and done its time. i would guess parts obsolete as well. I'd recommend Worcester 34 Cdi classic with a 5 year warranty.

Plate hex is obsolete. Part number 87161206470. May be found on ebay or whatever. Had one Monday.

Sponsored Links
Didnt have a plate it had a caloririfier which is scaled up you wont manage to descale one of those .

Platinium has 10 year gtee or go for cheaper duotec with 7 year gtee same boiler and proven no hassle boiler

I have never needed to clean one of those calorifiers but I am sure that I could manage it.

But the real diagnosis would be by a thermal survey of the boiler.

Tony

Thanks for all the replies, all constructive and helpful.
Will probably limp along with low flow hot water till after xmas then try and make my mind up on which boiler.

thanks again!

great forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back