Worcester 28CDi Hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

I have had the boiler for nearly 12 years (credit to Worcester)!

Last year I had an issue with the Diverter Valve so I replaced it and no problems, at the time due to the age I also changed the Overheat sensor, CH Sensor and DHW Sensor. All running fine.

Roughly 1 month ago the flashing red Light (Hot water LED) started flashing, after some investigation I changed the Air pressure switch and the hoses, problem fixed.

I'm now suffering with a Hot water issue, when running the hot tap it gets very very hot then the boiler ignition light goes out, this then repeats itself. The only way I can get it to run is if I turn the dial down on the front to 1/4 (min side).

The CH runs fine as does the Fan, do the think the DHW sensor has gone faulty?

Your Ideas would be apprieciated

Sponsored Links
Probably, but the other things to check are your plated heat exchanger for blockages and your gas valve modulation.

One thing I forgot to mention...

When the dial is set mid way and the hot water gets hot the gauge starts to fluctuate.

Sponsored Links
Well,

Just changed the DHW Sensor, no joy :cry:

But thanks to MickyG I gave the Exchanger a good whack :eek: well a few taps with a screwdiver and a spring clean with the hoover (don't tell the wife :LOL: and what would you know shes running fine :D

Many thanks for your help

What would we do without forums :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back