Worcester FW100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Has anyone fitted the Worcester FW100 controller who can help me please.

I have one fitted with all default settings except for the UK min temp which is set to -3 as advised by Worcester technical support.

I have the comfort setting to 19c and economy to 15c.

The outside sensor is fitted correctly and registers the correct outside temp.

What I do not understand is why the FW100 mounted in the hall shows a room temp of 21-22 but yet the burner and pump intermittently goes on and off. I would have thought it the boiler would stay off until the room temp reached the comfort temp set ?

This also happens at night when the FW100 switches to economy after 10pm, I can hear the boiler going on and off throughout the night even though the FW100 in the hall shows the room temp of a higher temp.

it seems the heating temp (comfort and economy) is somehow not linked to the room temp showing on the FW100....

Please help... am I got a faulty controller or is it i have not understood the relationship between the heating parameter of comfort and economy and the showing room temp on the controller :(

Sponsored Links
Hi Peter,

The boiler is a Worcester 42CDI installed in the loft and the FW100 mounted on wall downstairs in the hall away from sunlight etc.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

I am trying to understand the relationship between the Comfort Set Temp of 19 degrees and the displayed Room Temperature on the FW100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back